The Top 5 Fastest Growing Cities in the U.S. 2014
1. Austin, Texas: Texas in general has seen explosive growth in numerous cities, but Austin tops the list this year. The growth rate has been climbing at a steady 2.5 percent each year with a median income of $64,000 a year.
2. Raleigh, North Carolina: Bumping Arizona a spot down, Raleigh has been known to have a stable economy over the past years. With the median pay at $64,800 and a growth rate of 2.15 percent, look for Raleigh to have a strong 2014 and 2015 as well.
3. Phoenix, Arizona: The only thing hotter than the growth rate in Phoenix is the weather. Topping the list for a few years, Phoenix finds itself sitting at number 3 with a growth rate of 1.67 percent. Since 1970, Arizona has seen a 90 percent population growth and the fact that it’s continuing to grow shows some great prosperity for the desert. The median pay is $64,200.
4. Dallas, Texas: Another Texan city tops the list, with Dallas seeing a 1.91 percent growth over the past year. The median pay is $66,700, which trumps the top 5 in compensation.
5. Salt Lake City, Utah: Former host of the Winter Olympics in 2002, Salt Lake City comes in at number 5 with a growth rate of 1.33 percent and a median pay of $62,200.